CANDLE MAKING BUSINESS HINTS – March 2008
With Spring upon us, it’s time to get out and do something regarding marketing of your crafts. You like to make the “stuff”, now let’s make some money from something that we love.
Marketing your crafts can be done in a variety of ways. If you are having problems selling your products through one route, it may be time to try another way. Here are a few steps to follow to get you started:
- Find local craft shows, fairs or festivals (See our website / Craftlister on left side of Business Hints page ) where you can sell your crafts.
- Sell you crafts at church and community sponsored bazaars.
- Place your products in consignment shops (Carefully).
- Have “Home Shows” to sell to friends, family and coworkers.
- Visit local gift shops and retailers to see if they are interested in carrying your product.
- Attend wholesale hand made gift markets.
- Advertise in mail order magazines, such as Country Sampler publications.
- Develop a website to market your crafts online.
- Hire a sales representative to help sell your crafts.
- Start out slowly and avoid debt, using your profits to grow your business.
- For best results in developing an online marketing strategy, hire a professional developer.
- Get advice from other craftspeople about what shows to attend, ask questions.
The most important thing is, once you start, keep at it. Potential customers will come to you as they see that you are serious.
REMEMBER – Texas Candle Supply is here to help you, just ask.!!!!!!!!!!!