- Find a show that is suited for handmade products.
- Request application from event promoters.
- Fill out the application.
- When accepted, send in remainder of fees.
- Make hotel/motel lodging reservations. (If required).
- Plan route.
- Plan and organize display according to booth layout.
- Determine prices, discounts and shipping fees.
- Prepare signage and samples.
- Have vehicle inspected for travel-readiness.
- Tell loved-ones when expected arrival time is.
- Travel to show.
- Check in with promoters.
- Set up booth/display.
- That’s it. Good Luck.
- Offer a 50% discount from your retail price to buyers.
- Know your shipping charges in advance.
Bring a scheduling book to keep track of lead time for shipments.
Missed the previous months Business Hints? See them here:
July 07 Aug 07 Sept 07Oct 07 Nov 07 Dec 07 Jan 08 Feb 08 Mar 08 Apr 08
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.