5 Bad habits that keep You From Selling More:
1. Sticking to people you know, it’s far easier to talk to a person you are familiar with, than seeking out others. Look for new contacts.
2. Taking the path of least resistance, there’s nothing wrong with this, it’s called being efficient.
3. Looking for the magic bullet, there are none. You need to approach each potential customer differently. If you have several people in your booth (shop) you should speak to each differently, otherwise it sounds ‘canned’.
4. Sell the sizzle, not the steak; outline your products strengths and uniqueness.
5. Using only one method to touch your potential customers? try face-to-face, email, telephone and advertising.